Do you remember those old Nintendo video game hacks?
Up + Up + Down + Down + Left + Right + Left + Right, B, A, Start, I believe was the code for magically adding 30 lives or getting a different set of menu options in the games Contra and Gradius.
The IRS has come up with their own.
Famous for making it impossible to get in contact with them, the IRS has perfected its call screening.
I tried getting a human on my own the first couple times.
Being blocked at every turn, I then turned to the Internet.
Entering “HOW TO TALK TO A HUMAN AT THE IRS”, this came up.
- The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040, and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning.
- The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
- Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
- Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
- Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
- Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
- When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
- Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
- Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.
CHEAT CODE ACQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not entering in requested info in order to get to a secret menu, is the part that got me, and it’s only in the less obvious menu option.
Would anyone have been able to figure this out on their own?